PPC can be very productive for online businesses as it is highly target based. But little loopholes in the PPC strategy can lead to serious business losses and investment failures. In order to avoid such circumstance from happening a potent strategy of PPC matters a great deal because before going into the implementation phase it’s the strategy that matters. You need to be very sure of your budget and total investment before putting your money in any kind of paid advertising campaign. You should be aware of the potential losses that you can come across too. There are a number of benefits including the higher percentage of conversion rates and target driven traffic that you can attain but it all has to be strategized in the most professional manner.
There are two schools of thought about PPC. One is proponent of the idea that PPC bears great importance and has great benefits than any other online marketing technique. On the other hand the opponents of this idea speak in favor of SEO and deny the beneficial nature of PPC calling it a very risky investment.
We shall look upon both schools of thoughts here in this article in detail:
Arguments showing the effective side of PPC:
According to those who favor PPC and paid advertising, there are numerous benefits attached with this technique with right kind of application and execution of productive ideas.
Following are few favorable arguments for PPC:
- Paid Advertising is totally target based so the chance of potential losses minimizes and the scope of productivity increases manifolds. You can place your ads with specific targets in mind including the locality, time and particular audience.
- You can measure the growth of a PPC campaign easily and can keep track of all your PPC performance and campaign stats. This is a helping feature as you can always keep on improving and adding substantial features of growth in your PPC campaign leading to consistent business profitability.
- PPC is specially favorable for the small business companies as it not very expensive solution of online marketing at all and gives the authority to the business companies to decide a particular budget for the PPC campaign and then driven a well-targeted strategy to boost traffic on the business website and increase the brand reputation as well.
This is how the proponents of the effectiveness of PPC defend themselves and slam their opponents by recalling them all the fundamental benefits of Paid advertising. All of them are quite valid too but the question remains on the level of expertise you have in taking a PPC campaign to successful level.
Ideas against the Paid Advertising:
The opponents of the idea that PPC is very effective have their own genuine arguments which they give to support their point of view.
Following are few reservations the marketers against PPC have:
- SEO as compared to PPC generate more Return of Investment (ROI). SEO is also less expensive and is a long term solution for the growth of an online business. If PPC generates more conversion rates then the revenue generated by SEO surpasses the success of PPC in every proportion.
- When PPC remains out of context for an online business, the organic rankings of a business website in the search engine listings increase. This can be observed and has been observed in many cases. But Google has come up with a figure supporting PPC saying that 89% of the search engine ads were not being substituted with the organic clicks once PPC was paused. It shows that the absence of PPC does not affect SEO in any positive proportion in fact PPC has a greater share in generating traffic.
The conclusion for the debate about the effectiveness of PPC is very simple. PPC needs professional expertise from qualified online marketing specialists otherwise your whole PPC campaign will go in vain. Similarly PPC can generate greater growth prospects than SEO but it is not as reliable as SEO is because of the sustainable nature of search engine optimization. One other thing you can do to make your choice easy between PPC and SEO is the bucks in your pocket. You can go with PPC if you ready to accept business loss as the danger of financial losses is a little more in PPC than SEO. All in all we come to the conclusion that PPC can generate quick and supportive benefits for an online business if the right kind of approach is taken to drive benefits.